First things first- Safety! Our team and our Patrons are what carried us through 20-years of operation. With this COVID thing, we have WAY too many signs and rules for our liking- but they are here to help new patrons and our returning friends know how to navigate our premises with confidence and ease. So, slow your roll, pay attention and behave as if your grandmother was in line with you- enjoy our open lawn, incredible Wahoo’s Team, and Awesome food- smile and be well!
Mr. & Mrs. Wahoo
What To Do Upon Arrival
If you have not already signed up for our online ordering, please be sure to visit our website where you can sign up in under 2 minutes!
Arriving to order in person or to pick up- PLEASE WEAR YOUR MASK. Wilmington has an ordinance requiring masks in all businesses and we ask that you wear yours until you reach your seating area or vehicle.
The line closest to Route 9 is for Food Only. The line by the river is for Ice Cream only. For Online Order Pickup, proceed toward the tall signpost in the left corner of the parking lot ( far end of lot, roadside).
Vermont Reopening Guidelines & Wahoo’s Commitment to Safety:
The State of Vermont and Governor Scott have been very cautious in opening the state back up for commerce. Leading with science and health, our brave little state is seen as a leader in the responsible opening process. For details and guidelines, you may visit the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development and the Vermont Department of Health
At Wahoo’s we are taking the following steps to continue to earn your trust and patronage:
- Always wearing masks while in the building and within 6 feet of fellow workers or guests
- Gloves are always worn in the preparation and handling of your food
- Thoughtful guidance and instructions for patrons while onsite to avoid unnecessary or unintended contact with fellow patrons while enjoying our open space
- Providing modern online ordering and touch-free payment
- Sanitizing all surfaces throughout the day
- Sanitizing All Public Touch Points every 30 minutes
- Asking for, and listening to your feedback